Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Au Revoir

Au Revoir, means goodbye in French and that is what I'm doing, saying goodbye to France. It seems like just yesterday that I was on a plane over here, not knowing what to expect, and not knowing just how I was going to fill two months of my life here. But, I think one could spend a lifetime easily is this quaint little nook of Southwest France. I went today on a final bike ride to Castelnaud-crisp air, turning trees, a babbling brook, and a giant castle in the distance-you can't just find this anywhere. I was reminded of all the special moments that I have had here in this valley. From cooking to cleaning, discovery of new foods to a new appreciation of the old, to making countless new friends and unbelievable memories, it has truly been an amazing experience. Below, some of my most memorable moments here in the valley, some featured on the blog and some not but all important to my experience and my time here
My home, the B&B
.

Albert & I at the first night market I went to of the year in Saint Cyprien

Wildflowers

Salade de Perigord-Duck Confit, terrine, gizzards-the best!

wine!

Learning about Foie Gras

Cenac Rugby Bodega

Foie Gras plate at Cabanoix

Fresh bread at a night market in Audrix

Daglan Faire

The Dordogne Valley

Medieval Kitchens

Dinner with a view

Castelnaud and kayaking :)

Wine tasting in Montbazillac

22nd birthday

The ruins of Chateau de Commarque

Making your meal at night market in Bouzic

Bouzic Firework Show

Lessons from Daniele
Learning more from her
Making pommes sarladaise and magret in Daniele's kitchen

Sarlat Market
So many vendors!

DUCK lasagna=YUMMY


St John Bread & Wine in London

Borough Market in London

Night at the Proms fireworks in London



Castelnaud Tete du Veau lunch

Tete du Veau with a large brass band


Walnut Mill

In the Kitchen, eating the lamb meal I made
What you see here is only a small explanation on my life for the past two months. Thank you Caitlin & Albert for the best time in the Dordogne. Now I'm off to Italy to start a new adventure with one of my best friends :)

5 comments:

  1. All the pictures, they are great. I must find a recipe for duck lasagna, love duck, would be a nice change.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This particular duck lasagna was from the Williams Sonoma Pasta Cookbook. But if you google "duck lasagna" there are plenty of online recipes. Glad you like the pictures!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful post. I love the photos and all the delicious food!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenn - I have so enjoyed your journey through France. Can't wait to hear all about Italy!
    xoxo Julie S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, you ARE going to do Italy, aren't you? You can't leave us hanging like this....we're traveling vicariously through you, Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete