Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Goodbye & Hello

Whenever a portion of my travels ends, it's always a weird feeling. Did I get enough done? Did I see enough sights? Obviously, the answer is always no. I think I could get lost in these cities, places, countries, forever and still never move on. But sadly, my time in New Zealand had to come to an end. I met up with my friend Jackie, in Queenstown, where she worked at AJ Hackett, the original bungy folks. It only seemed natural to join in on the fun...













She said her goodbyes to her co-workers and friends and we started our journey. First stop, Auckland, for Jackie to do one last bungy, which for me luckily included a pretty cool bridge walk, with epic views of the Auckland skyline







Tethered in...








It was an active construction zone, hence the awesome hard hats in the photos. And that was it! Say goodbye to New Zealand, say hello to Southeast Asia! After a long 11 hour flight from Auckland, we landed in Singapore. I think Singapore is a great place to start traveling in Asia. It's an easy city, with plenty of public transportation, English speaking locals (literally everyone), but so different from anywhere I have been before. Being an international city, our hostel is in the area known as Little India, and at night it was a bustling hub of activity, full of new sights and smells. Oddly, our first meal was Chinese in Little India, but so good!

The food center


We ordered a Mongolian Chicken and fried Brown Noodles



The chicken was good, and gradually the chili peppers heated up, our first introduction to all the spicy food coming our way. The noodles were also pretty good, though mixed in was egg, chicken, two prawns, and one tiny piece of what was obviously squid. So much for just noodles...

So here were are, new day in the new city, greeted by a calm and relaxed street in comparison to the hub of last night



Ready to start this adventure in new foods, cultures, and sights

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I'm from CS. Great to read about your post. =D
    Hope you'll have some nice adventure in Singapore! Are you staying at Prince of wales since you say it's at Little India?

    ReplyDelete