Sunday, June 5, 2011

Pulau Tioman

After a couple of days in the big city, we decided to head to the beach, more specifically the island Pulau Tioman, off the East coast of Malaysia.









If you had asked me one year ago, when I was just finishing up my last classes at University in Santa Barbara, if I thought I was going to be on an island off the coast of Malaysia I may have laughed in your face. This place was something I could have only dreamed of. Breathtakingly gorgeous, and unlike any place I had ever been it was incredible enough just to sit on the beach and soak it all in.


Besides the incredible views, the island has a thriving monkey colony,





Lots of Lizards that casually swim by



Island cats that just sit and gaze at the view with you



And even some rare fish I have never seen before












Okay okay, maybe I have seen those before, but never in water that looked up at this


And down at this






Or where warm raindrops danced across the water







We took the chance to jump in and do some scuba


Where we did actually see some fish I hadn't seen-a few real life Nemo, runner fish, beaked coral fish and a pufferfish that was nearly the size of me. Also on the dive were three shipwrecks of purposely sunk illegal Thailand fishing boats, and cleaner shrimp that when close enough, would start to clean you as you swam by. Sadly no pictures, but an awesome dive in some gorgeous Malaysian waters. We worked up an appetite and headed to one of the small little restaurants along the beach. We ordered veggie curry, sweet and sour vegetables and this guy a pataya



A thin layer of egg that was delicately wrapped around fried rice. It was so good I ordered it twice and I would say it has been the best thing I have eaten so far on this trip. Plus it was filling and cost about $1.75 . Loving Malaysia.










No comments:

Post a Comment