Thursday, February 21, 2013

Swimming in Buenos Aires




I arrived in Buenos Aires with only two days to do all the activities that I wanted to do, but yet, had no idea what those even were. Buenos Aires was a city I arrived in like a fish without water-I was hopeless. And as a solo female traveler, arriving in such a city is daunting. Where do I go? What do I do? And most importantly, is it safe for me to go there? I had done a little research, but at the same time, I like to let the travel take me, go as the people and streets want me to go.



Since I am currently arriving in Mendoza, I can safely say that I made it through the city in one piece, and came away a little sad that I only had such a short amount of time in BA. I think it takes a few days to get used to a city-its sights, smells, character. When you can get into the flow, and not fight it, it makes all the difference in the world. When greeted with lovely music (above) and tango on the streets, I think you've then, really got something.



I was able to see the important sights, like Casa Rosa, where Eva Peron gave her famed speech



And the Cemetario de la Recoleta, where the ¡Evita! will forever lay








I made it to the Caminito in La Boca neighborhood, painted in the 1950s to beautify the area



And of course, had a steak. This one a Milanesa, in the funky San Telmo neighborhood.






I think I finally found my place to swim, ironically, on a rainy day, in the neighborhood Palmero. Wide avenues lined with stunning trees



And fun, little coffee shops and boutiques galore






It felt like I place I could get along quite well, slowly walking the streets, getting lost. But alas, it was time to go. I now know to go back, that I will take a tango class, I will eat a lot of steak, and I will get lovingly lost in Buenos Aires.




Location:Buenos Aires, Argentina

No comments:

Post a Comment