Monday, August 23, 2010

Draggin' Daglan


So I didn't mean to post so quickly again,  but this was too good not to share, and it doesn't even involve food!Yesterday, Daglan, a town about 8 km away, had its annual summer parade. I had heard a little about it-there's a theme, tractors, really cute-so for those of you have been to the annual Fourth of July Parade in Penngrove, that's what I was expecting since it is those three things. However, I was greatly mistaken. Starting off & finishing with different brass bands, the parade held six floats that all where some sort of "music". Beginning with Mariachi Men, it only got weirder as the men started looking more and more like women...decked out in Cabernet and Disco gear. I'll let the pictures do the talking, but the town of Daglan really "dragged" last night ;)

cancan Mariachi
Le Disco
More Disco
Manly men
le Daglan Rouge
Unaware of his new hardware
Human Disco ball + 100 degrees F = SUNBURN
Reggae
Confetti! From the Reggae kids. Much like Santa Barbara's Fiesta
Of course, I could show you much more pictures of the debauchery. Each float had buckets of some sort of rum punch that they would give the crowd, all the while drinking a lot of it themselves. At the end of the parade route, each float parked while the dressed up "floatees" laid down in the road to do this passing over the head game they seem to love so much. Much more interesting with men in drag...

They tried to pull members of the crowd but I wasn't buying it! All and all a fantastic fair, and what can I say, the men all looked FABULOUS darhhhling.

1 comment:

  1. Send the blogs daily as far as I am concerned,
    love it. Now that's a parade, complete with rum
    punch and all! Annette

    ReplyDelete