Monday, May 23, 2011

Windy Wellington

Wellington, the capital of New Zealand, the last place on the North Island, and the first place to make me miss home. The whole way down to Wellington, people had been telling me it's like San Francisco. And they were right. From the style of some houses


To the sprawling, yet contained city



To the oceanfront piers






To lastly, the very large hills





One thing Wellington did not live up to was it's windy weather! It was a gorgeous two days there, especially if you have your own personal tour guide. I was staying with my friend Sam,



Who happened to be graduating the day I arrived, why he is wearing a goofy hood in the photo ;)

Sam was gracious enough to lead me around the city for a day. To the top of Mount Vic





Up to the "Beehive", where Parliament works









And to a comedy show of Dai Henwood, in a club most appropriately named, the San Francisco Bathhouse.

After such a busy day, we decided to eat in, and made our own personal pizzas, full of mushrooms, orange capsicums(aka bell pepper), ham, tomatoes, and onions. Delish!






We ended our day and our meal with a lovely, hand picked selection of the infamous New Zealand "lollies", or in my definition, bin candy.



A sweet way to end my time in the North Island. Thanks Sam!

No comments:

Post a Comment